Best ECG Smart Watches 2021
Article edited and updated 18.03.2021
Smart watches with ECG features are becoming more and more common on the market. ECG seems to have become a standard in a lot watches today. What is ECG and why should you really buy ECG smart watches? Find out what the best ECG smart watches are and if they are worth it by reading the article!
Firstly, what is Electrocardiogram?
An ECG (electrocardiogram) is a medical test that identifies heart abnormalities by measuring the electrical activity created by the heart as it contracts. The device that records the patient’s ECG is called an electrocardiograph. Typically ECG devices are found in hospitals but it’s become more frequent for smart watches to have an ECG feature built in.
Do keep in mind that ECG smart watches are generally less accurate (in comparison to an ECG device) and cannot detect if you’re having a heart attack! Even though, it is great feature to have on watch, for preciseness and accuracy, always consult your doctor especially if you’re showing the symptoms or if you’re worried.
Are ECG Smart Watches Worth the Hype?
I personally enjoy using the ECG feature on my Apple Watch Series 4 every now and then. Do I think it’s a ground breaking technology? Yes! Do I need it and depend on in order to function every day? No, but that is because I don’t have any heart issues (that I’m aware of). So I can see how it’s very helpful for those who have bradycardia (slow heartbeat), tachycardia (fast heartbeat), arrhythmia (uneven heartbeat) or other severe or worrying heart conditions.
Now, for the million dollar question: are ECG smart watches worth the hype? If you casually want to check on your heartbeat sporadically and then, yes go for it! It’s a very cool feature that can, put “can” in bold here (meaning not 100% accurately), detect bradycardia, tachycardia, arrhythmia and all that. However, to me, these watches are not worth the hype they’ve been getting. They’re fun to use but I wouldn’t go out of my way to purchase a completely new watch just because of an ECG feature.
But don’t worry, for those who are still looking into buying ECG Smart Watches, I’ve gathered three the best ECG smart watches I could find from three different brands, they are Fitbit, Apple and Samsung – all in various price points.
Fitbit Versa 3
- Active Zone Minutes uses your resting heart rate to gauge exercise effort and gives you a buzz when you step up the intensity so you can make the most of your workouts
- Better track heart rate 24/7 with PurePulse 2.0, Fitbit’s enhanced heart rate technology
- See your nightly blood oxygen levels at a glance with our collection of SpO2 clock faces. Then use the Fitbit app to track your trends over time in the Health Metrics dashboard to see when there may be indications of important changes in your wellness
Apple Watch Series 6
- GPS model lets you take calls and reply to texts from your wrist
- Measure your blood oxygen with an all-new sensor and app
- Check your heart rhythm with the ECG app
- Stylish eatch with changeable straps in various material like leather, nylan and silicon
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
- STYLE YOU CAN COUNT ON: Galaxy Watch3 combines style—two sizes, two finishes, three colors and, 50,000 plus watch faces-with military-grade durability and water resistance
- LEAVE YOUR PHONE BEHIND: Leave your phone at home. Galaxy Watch3 gives you the freedom to call, text, stream music and get notifications via LTE connectivity
- You can share the PDF report of your ECG recording with your health care provider using the Samsung Health Monitor app on your compatible Galaxy phone
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to check out what 5G phones are currently trending and worth buying right now.